Anna Hazare demands Pawan Kumar Bansal`s resignation
Bikaner: Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare on Sunday demanded resignation of Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal in the wake of the arrest of his nephew on the charge of accepting bribe to fix plum positions in the Railway Board.
"The minister should resign on moral grounds and the matter should be probed by a special investigation team," he told reporters here.
On the functioning of the CBI, Hazare said it should be made an impartial agency free from government`s pressure.
Referring to the current political scenario, he said corruption was flourishing in the country due to party-system.
"The party-system has encroached on democratic values. Corruption is flourishing under such a system which needs be addressed urgently," the social activist said.
Only candidates with impeccable image should be put by the political parties for elections to make the system clean, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past