Anna Hazare demands Pawan Kumar Bansal`s resignation
Bikaner: Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare on Sunday demanded resignation of Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal in the wake of the arrest of his nephew on the charge of accepting bribe to fix plum positions in the Railway Board.
"The minister should resign on moral grounds and the matter should be probed by a special investigation team," he told reporters here.
On the functioning of the CBI, Hazare said it should be made an impartial agency free from government`s pressure.
Referring to the current political scenario, he said corruption was flourishing in the country due to party-system.
"The party-system has encroached on democratic values. Corruption is flourishing under such a system which needs be addressed urgently," the social activist said.
Only candidates with impeccable image should be put by the political parties for elections to make the system clean, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights