Anna Hazare demands Pawan Kumar Bansal`s resignation
Bikaner: Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare on Sunday demanded resignation of Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal in the wake of the arrest of his nephew on the charge of accepting bribe to fix plum positions in the Railway Board.
"The minister should resign on moral grounds and the matter should be probed by a special investigation team," he told reporters here.
On the functioning of the CBI, Hazare said it should be made an impartial agency free from government`s pressure.
Referring to the current political scenario, he said corruption was flourishing in the country due to party-system.
"The party-system has encroached on democratic values. Corruption is flourishing under such a system which needs be addressed urgently," the social activist said.
Only candidates with impeccable image should be put by the political parties for elections to make the system clean, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren