Anna Hazare demands Pawan Kumar Bansal`s resignation
Bikaner: Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare on Sunday demanded resignation of Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal in the wake of the arrest of his nephew on the charge of accepting bribe to fix plum positions in the Railway Board.
"The minister should resign on moral grounds and the matter should be probed by a special investigation team," he told reporters here.
On the functioning of the CBI, Hazare said it should be made an impartial agency free from government`s pressure.
Referring to the current political scenario, he said corruption was flourishing in the country due to party-system.
"The party-system has encroached on democratic values. Corruption is flourishing under such a system which needs be addressed urgently," the social activist said.
Only candidates with impeccable image should be put by the political parties for elections to make the system clean, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan `protection force`
- Rio-returned athlete Sudha Singh hospitalized
- Companies' business confidence index grows 2.2% in June quarter
- Sensex falls for second straight session, cracks below 28,000-mark
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details