Anna Hazare`s concern needs to be addressed: Kiran Bedi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Reacting to the chaos at the press conference of Aam Aadmi Party in the national capital on Monday in which ink was thrown at its leader Arvind Kejriwal, former police official Kiran Bedi said that hooliganism should not be tolerated.
Bedi posted on micro-blogging site Twitter – "Hooliganism must not be tolerated but Anna`s letter raises concerns which need to be addressed. He was the architect of the movement after all."
A man standing next to the stage threw a paper ball and ink at Arvind Kejriwal, even as he was addressing the press. The man also started shouting slogans in praise of social activist Anna Hazare.
Initially it was said that the man belonging to Maharashtra was a BJP supporter. However, the party has denied that he is a member of the BJP. BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said in a statement that the man, who told the reporters that his name was Nachiket, was a former BJP member and was working with the party`s IT cell some three years ago.
She further clarified that he had been active with the Anna movement and `India Against Corruption` for the last two years.
Later on while talking to reporters, Nachiket charged the AAP of misusing the name of Anna Hazare. "They use Anna`s name. He is my guru. I am a political activist," he said. He was bundled out of the room.
Speaking on the issue, Kejriwal said that the BJP and Congress had been conniving to put him and his party down.
"They are scared of our growing popularity," he said.
The press conference was called by Kejriwal in response to Anna Hazare`s letter in which he had demanded to know whether funds meant for the Jan Lokpal movement was being misused by the AAP for Delhi Assembly elections campaign.
Before the presser was disrupted, Kejriwal accepted that he had got a letter by Anna last night. "Anna told me that many people had complained to him about me," he said.
He also clarified that Rs 23 lakh meant for the Lokpal movement had been spent on the movement itself and no money from the donations had been spent on the campaign of the party.
Kejriwal was part of Anna`s core group during his movement and fast to press for a Lokpal Bill. Later, the two fell apart after Kejriwal decided to take the political plunge and fight for elections. He along with his supporters floated the AAP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`