Anna indulging in cheap publicity stunt: Buta
Jalandhar: Reacting sharply to Anna Hazare`s
decision to campaign against Congress in the upcoming Hisar
bypoll, former Union Minister and senior Congress leader Buta
Singh has said the social activist is indulging in "cheap
publicity stunt" to stay in news.
"There is no doubt over Hazare`s movement against
corruption as he has strongly raised the issue. But now he is
indulging in cheap publicity stunt by attacking the Congress
in this manner," Singh, who was in Jalandhar to attend a
function, said yesterday.
He said the social activist should refrain from indulging
in political controversies as it could affect his image among
Asked whether Hazare`s campaign against Congress over
corruption charges would have an adverse impact on the party`s
prospect in the upcoming Punjab polls, he countered, "If the
Congress is facing corruption charges, who has given a clean
chit to BJP and SAD?"
Hazare has announced that he will ask the people in the
election-bound states to defeat Congress if the Jan Lokpal
Bill was not passed in the Winter Session of Parliament.
Asked on the 2G spectrum scam, Singh said only the
Congress-led UPA should not be blamed for the scam as its
roots lie when senior BJP leader L K Advani was the
Information and Broadcasting Minister.
On the upcoming Punjab Assembly elections, he said there
should be a chief minister from the Dalit community as there
was a significant number of Dalits in the state.
Singh said he has raised this matter with Congress
president Sonia Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!