Anna reaches Delhi, to break vow of silence
New Delhi: Anna Hazare tonight reached Delhi
to attend a meeting of the Standing Committee on the issue of
Lokpal Bill tomorrow ahead of which he is expected to end his
vow of silence observed for the past 19 days.
Hazare, who had threatened to launch another hungerstrike
if a strong Lokpal Bill is not passed in Parliament`s Winter
Session, left his village Ralegan Siddhi this afternoon and
reached Delhi at 8:40 PM. He is staying at Maharashtra Sadan.
The 74-year-old activist, who is on `maun vrat` since
October 16, will attend the meeting of the Standing Committee
on Lokpal Bill along with other team members tomorrow, the
third such meeting.
The Team had met the Committee this evening as also after
Hazare undertook a 13-day fast in August demanding that the
Jan Lokpal Bill be passed in the Monsoon Session of
Soon after the Lokpal Bill was referred to the Committee,
Hazare and his associates had deposed before the panel saying
it should ask the government to withdraw the Lokpal Bill in
its present form as it would "encourage corruption".
Hazare will go to Rajghat tomorrow morning and after
paying tributes to Mahatam Gandhi, he is expected to pay break
his maun vrat, Team Anna sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh