Anonymous letter threatens to target Narendra Modi, LK Advani, Akhilesh Yadav
New Delhi: The superintendent of Ghaziabad railway station has received an anonymous letter threatening to target political leaders including Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi, BJP leader LK Advani and UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, and attack railway stations and temples.
The Ghaziabad police said the station superintendent had received the letter yesterday by post.
The sender "has threatened to target Narendra Modi, LK Advani, Akhilesh Yadav, Mayawati and other leaders on June 20", Superintendent of Police (City) Shiv Hari Meena told PTI.
Meena said the local police had shared the details of the letter with state intelligence agencies. "We are trying to trace the person who sent the letter by post," he said.
"We are also investigating if somebody has sent it to make fun, and will be interrogating postal department officials to ascertain from where it was sent," he said.
The sender has also threatened to plant bombs in several railways stations and temples. As per the letter, railway stations in Delhi, Ghaziabad, Bulandshar, Kanpur, Mathura, Bhopal and among others will be targeted on June 15.
Meena said the sender also threatened to plant bombs in Kali Mata Mandir in Delhi, Dudeswar Nath Temple and Janaki Temple in Ghaziabad.
The Ghaziabad police has sounded an alert and security has been beefed up at railways stations and temples. Police today carried out checks at railways stations and temples, and frisked passengers and temple-goers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad