Anonymous letter threatens to target Narendra Modi, LK Advani, Akhilesh Yadav
New Delhi: The superintendent of Ghaziabad railway station has received an anonymous letter threatening to target political leaders including Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi, BJP leader LK Advani and UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, and attack railway stations and temples.
The Ghaziabad police said the station superintendent had received the letter yesterday by post.
The sender "has threatened to target Narendra Modi, LK Advani, Akhilesh Yadav, Mayawati and other leaders on June 20", Superintendent of Police (City) Shiv Hari Meena told PTI.
Meena said the local police had shared the details of the letter with state intelligence agencies. "We are trying to trace the person who sent the letter by post," he said.
"We are also investigating if somebody has sent it to make fun, and will be interrogating postal department officials to ascertain from where it was sent," he said.
The sender has also threatened to plant bombs in several railways stations and temples. As per the letter, railway stations in Delhi, Ghaziabad, Bulandshar, Kanpur, Mathura, Bhopal and among others will be targeted on June 15.
Meena said the sender also threatened to plant bombs in Kali Mata Mandir in Delhi, Dudeswar Nath Temple and Janaki Temple in Ghaziabad.
The Ghaziabad police has sounded an alert and security has been beefed up at railways stations and temples. Police today carried out checks at railways stations and temples, and frisked passengers and temple-goers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!