Anonymous letter threatens to target Narendra Modi, LK Advani, Akhilesh Yadav
New Delhi: The superintendent of Ghaziabad railway station has received an anonymous letter threatening to target political leaders including Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi, BJP leader LK Advani and UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, and attack railway stations and temples.
The Ghaziabad police said the station superintendent had received the letter yesterday by post.
The sender "has threatened to target Narendra Modi, LK Advani, Akhilesh Yadav, Mayawati and other leaders on June 20", Superintendent of Police (City) Shiv Hari Meena told PTI.
Meena said the local police had shared the details of the letter with state intelligence agencies. "We are trying to trace the person who sent the letter by post," he said.
"We are also investigating if somebody has sent it to make fun, and will be interrogating postal department officials to ascertain from where it was sent," he said.
The sender has also threatened to plant bombs in several railways stations and temples. As per the letter, railway stations in Delhi, Ghaziabad, Bulandshar, Kanpur, Mathura, Bhopal and among others will be targeted on June 15.
Meena said the sender also threatened to plant bombs in Kali Mata Mandir in Delhi, Dudeswar Nath Temple and Janaki Temple in Ghaziabad.
The Ghaziabad police has sounded an alert and security has been beefed up at railways stations and temples. Police today carried out checks at railways stations and temples, and frisked passengers and temple-goers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir