Another diplomat recalled for misbehaviour
New Delhi: In the second incident in less than a week, government has transferred back home yet another diplomat for allegedly misbehaving with a passenger on an Air India flight to New York.
Alok Ranjan Jha, a 2002 IFS officer and first secretary in the permanent mission in New York, has been asked to return to Delhi following the incident on January 7, sources said.
It comes close on the heels of the external affairs ministry transferring back to India Anil Verma, third-ranking diplomat in the Indian high commission in London, following allegations of assaulting his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray