Another diplomat recalled for misbehaviour
New Delhi: In the second incident in less than a week, government has transferred back home yet another diplomat for allegedly misbehaving with a passenger on an Air India flight to New York.
Alok Ranjan Jha, a 2002 IFS officer and first secretary in the permanent mission in New York, has been asked to return to Delhi following the incident on January 7, sources said.
It comes close on the heels of the external affairs ministry transferring back to India Anil Verma, third-ranking diplomat in the Indian high commission in London, following allegations of assaulting his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians