Another scam? Non-locals in Army recruitment in AP
Hyderabad: In what may be a scam relating to
Army recruitment, many "non-local" youths from other states
tried to get through the selection process by submitting fake
domicile certificates in Warangal district of Andhra Pradesh.
"We have information that candidates from Haryana,
Rajasthan and some other states procured false domicile
certificates from Ranga Reddy district and cleared the
physical tests yesterday and they were supposed to undergo
medical tests today," SP (Warangal) Syed Shah Nawaz Qasim said over phone.
A senior Army officer said, "If youths have domicile
certificates from here and academic certificates from any part
of the country, we (Army) cannot reject their application.
However, once we complete the process, we verify the documents
by sending them to police and revenue officials of districts
The fraud came to light when police at Hanamkonda in
Warangal, where the recruitment rally is going on since last
Tuesday, arrested youths from Harayana and Rajasthan, after
they attacked local candidates and police, the SP said.
A police inspector and two constables were attacked with
rods late last night leaving them seriously injured. They were
taken to a hospital in Warangal and under observation in ICU.
Many locals were also injured in the attack, he said.
So far, 60 youths were arrested and booked on charges of
attempt to murder, rioting and cheating, Qasim said.
The recruitment drive is for youths from nine districts
of Telangana region. Non-local candidates, who were lodged at
a private hostel at Hanamkonda, entered into an altercation
with local youths after they objected to the presence of
candidates from other states, including those from Jammu and
Kashmir and Kerala among others.
Police on verification found that non-local youths had
made their way into the recruitment, the SP said.
"It seems to be a well-orchestrated scandal relating to
Army recruitment. Based on preliminary investigation it has
been found that one retired Army officer who had collected
huge amounts from non-local youths had provided them with
false documents and had instigated them for attacking police,"
the SP said.
"The retired Army officer (whose name is not revealed)
is absconding after the incident. Investigations are on to
verify how many non-local youths had turned up in the
recruitment," Qasim said.
The Zonal Army Recruitment Office in Secunderabad is
conducting recruitment rally from April 14 to 19 for youths of
Warangal, Mahabubnagar, Ranga Reddy, Hyderabad, Nalgonda,
Adilabad, Nizamabad, Karimnagar and Medak districts of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Uganda switches sides, dumping North Korea for South
- Indian Premier League 2016: Did David Warner deserve Most Valuable Player award more than Virat Kohli?
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''