Ansari, Sabauddin to be shifted to Bareilly jail
Bareilly: Fahim Ansari and Sabauddin, who
were acquitted in the Mumbai terror attack case recently, will
soon be shifted from the Arthur Road jail in Mumbai to the
central prison here in connection with the 2007 attack on a
CRPF group centre at Rampur in Uttar Pradesh.
Giving this information here today, Senior Superintendent
of Bareilly central jail B R Verma said that the duo, accused
in the 2007 attack on the CRPF group centre at Rampur, had
been taken to Mumbai in December 2008 by the Mumbai ATS in the
wake of the terror attack there.
Seven CRPF jawans were among nine people killed in a
terror attack on the CRPF group centre at Rampur in 2007 and
nine people including Famhim Ansari and Sabauddin were
arrested in connection with the case.
Before being taken to Mumbai in connection with the
terror strike case, Fahim was lodged at the Bareilly jail and
Sabauddin at Lucknow prison, he said.
Since all the accused in the Rampur case are presently in
Bareilly these two would also be brought here, Verma said.
Ansari and Sabauddin have been lodged along with Mumbai
terror attack convict Ajmal Kasab at the Arthur Road jail
since 2008, the prison official said.
Both of them were acquitted recently by a Mumbai court in
the terror attack case in the absence of adequate evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!