Ansari, Sabauddin to be shifted to Bareilly jail
Bareilly: Fahim Ansari and Sabauddin, who
were acquitted in the Mumbai terror attack case recently, will
soon be shifted from the Arthur Road jail in Mumbai to the
central prison here in connection with the 2007 attack on a
CRPF group centre at Rampur in Uttar Pradesh.
Giving this information here today, Senior Superintendent
of Bareilly central jail B R Verma said that the duo, accused
in the 2007 attack on the CRPF group centre at Rampur, had
been taken to Mumbai in December 2008 by the Mumbai ATS in the
wake of the terror attack there.
Seven CRPF jawans were among nine people killed in a
terror attack on the CRPF group centre at Rampur in 2007 and
nine people including Famhim Ansari and Sabauddin were
arrested in connection with the case.
Before being taken to Mumbai in connection with the
terror strike case, Fahim was lodged at the Bareilly jail and
Sabauddin at Lucknow prison, he said.
Since all the accused in the Rampur case are presently in
Bareilly these two would also be brought here, Verma said.
Ansari and Sabauddin have been lodged along with Mumbai
terror attack convict Ajmal Kasab at the Arthur Road jail
since 2008, the prison official said.
Both of them were acquitted recently by a Mumbai court in
the terror attack case in the absence of adequate evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan