Ansari, Sabauddin to be shifted to Bareilly jail
Bareilly: Fahim Ansari and Sabauddin, who
were acquitted in the Mumbai terror attack case recently, will
soon be shifted from the Arthur Road jail in Mumbai to the
central prison here in connection with the 2007 attack on a
CRPF group centre at Rampur in Uttar Pradesh.
Giving this information here today, Senior Superintendent
of Bareilly central jail B R Verma said that the duo, accused
in the 2007 attack on the CRPF group centre at Rampur, had
been taken to Mumbai in December 2008 by the Mumbai ATS in the
wake of the terror attack there.
Seven CRPF jawans were among nine people killed in a
terror attack on the CRPF group centre at Rampur in 2007 and
nine people including Famhim Ansari and Sabauddin were
arrested in connection with the case.
Before being taken to Mumbai in connection with the
terror strike case, Fahim was lodged at the Bareilly jail and
Sabauddin at Lucknow prison, he said.
Since all the accused in the Rampur case are presently in
Bareilly these two would also be brought here, Verma said.
Ansari and Sabauddin have been lodged along with Mumbai
terror attack convict Ajmal Kasab at the Arthur Road jail
since 2008, the prison official said.
Both of them were acquitted recently by a Mumbai court in
the terror attack case in the absence of adequate evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray