Army Chief visits Royal Military Academy
London: On a visit to UK to strengthen
military ties, Army Chief Gen V K Singh has visited the
prestigious Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst and the
headquarters of a Special Air Service (SAS) unit.
"Gen Singh interacted with the Commandant of the Royal
Military Academy Major Gen P C Marriott and the training staff
of the academy.
He was given a tour of the training facilities
where he interacted with the cadets," Indian Army officials
said on Friday.
The Army Chief also visited the headquarters of an elite
SAS unit at Hereford where he was briefed on various aspects
of the British Special Forces, they added.
Aiming to enhance defence cooperation with the UK, Gen
Singh in on a four-day visit to Britain since February 14.
Upon his arrival, he was received by British Chief of
General Staff General Sir Peter Wall and later he interacted
with Secretary of State for Defence Philip Hammond.
Underlining the long standing defence relationship with
Britain, Gen Singh had yesterday said that the aim of the
visit is to further India`s relations in UK.
"A lot of things are happening in UK and we have come
here to find out how we can improve the relationship," he had
The last visit by a COAS to the UK was in Mar 2008.
India has sound bilateral and strategic relations
with UK that are multifaceted and have been strengthened over
the years, with regular exchange of visits at political,
diplomatic and military levels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader