Army Jawan commits suicide in Rajouri
Jammu: An Army jawan allegedly committed
suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle at Nowshera
in Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri district, police said here on Thursday.
Sepoy Mathu Ram, hailing from Karnataka and posted with
33 Rashtriya Rifles, shot himself dead with his service weapon
at a forward post in Nowshera sector yesterday, they said.
However, the reason behind the jawan taking the extreme
step is yet to be known, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Bulandshahr rape case: No CBI probe, says Supreme Court
- India's economy never been in stronger position than today: Parekh
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more