Army lodges protest with Pakistan over ceasefire violations
Jammu: Army has lodged a strong protest
with its Pakistani counterpart over recent ceasefire
violations, when six Indian Forward Posts along LoC in Poonch
sector were targeted by mortar and small arms firing.
"We have held a flag meeting along Line of Control
(LoC) at a forward post in Poonch sector and lodged a strong
protest over the ceasefire violation and cross-border firing",
a senior Army officer said here on Sunday.
Pakistani troops had violated Indo-Pak border
ceasefire along LoC and targeted six Indian posts with mortar,
rockets and small arms fire in Poonch sector on the
intervening night of July 15 and 16.
Pakistani troops had fired on the posts in Krishna
Ghati sub-sector of Poonch from around 21:30 hours, drawing
retaliation from the Indian Army.
Indian and Pakistani troops traded intermittent
gunfire till late into the night at Krishna Ghati, about 280km
There was also ceasefire violation along International
Border (IB) in R S Pura sub-sector`s Kharkhola and Bodla
Border Out Posts on July 15. There was no causality in firing
and ceasefire violation on Indian side.
There were six ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops
in the last two weeks.
A BSF jawan was killed and a villager injured on July 6,
when Pakistani troops had opened fired at Pindi, Mala Bela and
Chak Phagwari border outpost around 22:30 hrs.
On July 5, Pakistani troops had fired at the Chak
Pagwari BOP and killed BSF trooper Sultan Ali.
Pakistani troops had also violated the ceasefire last
month when they fired at a forward outpost along the
International Border in Jammu on June 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video