Army lodges protest with Pakistan over ceasefire violations
Jammu: Army has lodged a strong protest
with its Pakistani counterpart over recent ceasefire
violations, when six Indian Forward Posts along LoC in Poonch
sector were targeted by mortar and small arms firing.
"We have held a flag meeting along Line of Control
(LoC) at a forward post in Poonch sector and lodged a strong
protest over the ceasefire violation and cross-border firing",
a senior Army officer said here on Sunday.
Pakistani troops had violated Indo-Pak border
ceasefire along LoC and targeted six Indian posts with mortar,
rockets and small arms fire in Poonch sector on the
intervening night of July 15 and 16.
Pakistani troops had fired on the posts in Krishna
Ghati sub-sector of Poonch from around 21:30 hours, drawing
retaliation from the Indian Army.
Indian and Pakistani troops traded intermittent
gunfire till late into the night at Krishna Ghati, about 280km
There was also ceasefire violation along International
Border (IB) in R S Pura sub-sector`s Kharkhola and Bodla
Border Out Posts on July 15. There was no causality in firing
and ceasefire violation on Indian side.
There were six ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops
in the last two weeks.
A BSF jawan was killed and a villager injured on July 6,
when Pakistani troops had opened fired at Pindi, Mala Bela and
Chak Phagwari border outpost around 22:30 hrs.
On July 5, Pakistani troops had fired at the Chak
Pagwari BOP and killed BSF trooper Sultan Ali.
Pakistani troops had also violated the ceasefire last
month when they fired at a forward outpost along the
International Border in Jammu on June 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician