Army`s top secret letter leaked, six held
New Delhi: Army`s top secret details about operational plans and deployment along the India-China border could have been compromised and around six military personnel have been indicted by a Court of Inquiry (CoI) in this regard.
Sources said the indicted personnel are in the process of facing disciplinary action on various counts in the incident which happened around a couple of years ago.
The sensitive information could have been compromised because of leakage of a top secret letter written by the Tezpur-based 4 Corps to the Rangia-based 21 Mountain Division which is learnt to have details about operational plans and other such crucial information relating to the sensitive China border, they said.
The sources said at that point of time, the 21 Mountain Division was being commanded by Maj Gen N S Ghei, who was later promoted to the rank of Lt Gen and is presently commanding the Bathinda-based 10 Corps along Pakistan border.
The letter went missing within a week of its receipt by the 21 Mountain Division and it is still untraceable.
It is not yet clear whether Defence Ministry was informed by the top Army brass about the loss of such a sensitive letter at a time when Gen V K Sing was the Army Chief.
The Army is in the process of developing its capabilities along the boundary with China which includes raising of additional 90,000 troops under a yet-to-be-raised Mountain Strike Corps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what