Army`s top secret letter leaked, six held
New Delhi: Army`s top secret details about operational plans and deployment along the India-China border could have been compromised and around six military personnel have been indicted by a Court of Inquiry (CoI) in this regard.
Sources said the indicted personnel are in the process of facing disciplinary action on various counts in the incident which happened around a couple of years ago.
The sensitive information could have been compromised because of leakage of a top secret letter written by the Tezpur-based 4 Corps to the Rangia-based 21 Mountain Division which is learnt to have details about operational plans and other such crucial information relating to the sensitive China border, they said.
The sources said at that point of time, the 21 Mountain Division was being commanded by Maj Gen N S Ghei, who was later promoted to the rank of Lt Gen and is presently commanding the Bathinda-based 10 Corps along Pakistan border.
The letter went missing within a week of its receipt by the 21 Mountain Division and it is still untraceable.
It is not yet clear whether Defence Ministry was informed by the top Army brass about the loss of such a sensitive letter at a time when Gen V K Sing was the Army Chief.
The Army is in the process of developing its capabilities along the boundary with China which includes raising of additional 90,000 troops under a yet-to-be-raised Mountain Strike Corps.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India