Army`s top secret letter leaked, six held
New Delhi: Army`s top secret details about operational plans and deployment along the India-China border could have been compromised and around six military personnel have been indicted by a Court of Inquiry (CoI) in this regard.
Sources said the indicted personnel are in the process of facing disciplinary action on various counts in the incident which happened around a couple of years ago.
The sensitive information could have been compromised because of leakage of a top secret letter written by the Tezpur-based 4 Corps to the Rangia-based 21 Mountain Division which is learnt to have details about operational plans and other such crucial information relating to the sensitive China border, they said.
The sources said at that point of time, the 21 Mountain Division was being commanded by Maj Gen N S Ghei, who was later promoted to the rank of Lt Gen and is presently commanding the Bathinda-based 10 Corps along Pakistan border.
The letter went missing within a week of its receipt by the 21 Mountain Division and it is still untraceable.
It is not yet clear whether Defence Ministry was informed by the top Army brass about the loss of such a sensitive letter at a time when Gen V K Sing was the Army Chief.
The Army is in the process of developing its capabilities along the boundary with China which includes raising of additional 90,000 troops under a yet-to-be-raised Mountain Strike Corps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'