Arvind Kejriwal dreaming that I`ll support him: Anna Hazare
New Delhi: Defending his flip flop on Arvind Kejriwal, activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday said he had to change his views on his former aide as times changed and felt that there will be "more trouble" if he explains the reason.
"It is because of the times. I will tell the reason for this change when the time comes...If I say the reason, it will create more trouble," Hazare told reporters here.
He was responding to questions on his frequent change of stand on Kejriwal and his Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). Hazare had earlier said he will support Kejriwal and honest candidates from his party but had last week said his former aide had become "greedy" for power and he would not even vote for them.
When pointed out that Kejriwal feels that Hazare will return when he knows that he is on right path, he shot back, "He is dreaming. What can I say on that?"
He said he never had the intention to enter politics and he does not want to say more on Kejriwal.
"I have never told anybody to vote for this person or that party. If I had belief in politics, I would have stood for elections much earlier," he said.
Announcing his future plans, he said he will go on another agitation if a strong Lokpal Bill is not passed in Parliament. "I am studying the Bill in Rajya Sabha. If it is not strong, we will organise another movement before 2014 elections," he said.
Talking about his proposed nation-wide tour which will start from Pune on January 30 next year, Hazare said he has to awaken people as Parliament was not upholding Constitution.
"This Lok Sabha is not upholding the Constitution. We will have to awaken people. The divide between poor and rich is widening. The time has come to dissolve this Lok Sabha," he said.
He said new office of his movement will be inaugurated on January 12, the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanda, in Ralegan Siddhi where he will try to gather around 1,000 youths, who will take a pledge that they will work for bringing change in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened