Arvind Kejriwal dreaming that I`ll support him: Anna Hazare
New Delhi: Defending his flip flop on Arvind Kejriwal, activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday said he had to change his views on his former aide as times changed and felt that there will be "more trouble" if he explains the reason.
"It is because of the times. I will tell the reason for this change when the time comes...If I say the reason, it will create more trouble," Hazare told reporters here.
He was responding to questions on his frequent change of stand on Kejriwal and his Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). Hazare had earlier said he will support Kejriwal and honest candidates from his party but had last week said his former aide had become "greedy" for power and he would not even vote for them.
When pointed out that Kejriwal feels that Hazare will return when he knows that he is on right path, he shot back, "He is dreaming. What can I say on that?"
He said he never had the intention to enter politics and he does not want to say more on Kejriwal.
"I have never told anybody to vote for this person or that party. If I had belief in politics, I would have stood for elections much earlier," he said.
Announcing his future plans, he said he will go on another agitation if a strong Lokpal Bill is not passed in Parliament. "I am studying the Bill in Rajya Sabha. If it is not strong, we will organise another movement before 2014 elections," he said.
Talking about his proposed nation-wide tour which will start from Pune on January 30 next year, Hazare said he has to awaken people as Parliament was not upholding Constitution.
"This Lok Sabha is not upholding the Constitution. We will have to awaken people. The divide between poor and rich is widening. The time has come to dissolve this Lok Sabha," he said.
He said new office of his movement will be inaugurated on January 12, the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanda, in Ralegan Siddhi where he will try to gather around 1,000 youths, who will take a pledge that they will work for bringing change in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls