Arvind Kejriwal dreaming that I`ll support him: Anna Hazare
New Delhi: Defending his flip flop on Arvind Kejriwal, activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday said he had to change his views on his former aide as times changed and felt that there will be "more trouble" if he explains the reason.
"It is because of the times. I will tell the reason for this change when the time comes...If I say the reason, it will create more trouble," Hazare told reporters here.
He was responding to questions on his frequent change of stand on Kejriwal and his Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). Hazare had earlier said he will support Kejriwal and honest candidates from his party but had last week said his former aide had become "greedy" for power and he would not even vote for them.
When pointed out that Kejriwal feels that Hazare will return when he knows that he is on right path, he shot back, "He is dreaming. What can I say on that?"
He said he never had the intention to enter politics and he does not want to say more on Kejriwal.
"I have never told anybody to vote for this person or that party. If I had belief in politics, I would have stood for elections much earlier," he said.
Announcing his future plans, he said he will go on another agitation if a strong Lokpal Bill is not passed in Parliament. "I am studying the Bill in Rajya Sabha. If it is not strong, we will organise another movement before 2014 elections," he said.
Talking about his proposed nation-wide tour which will start from Pune on January 30 next year, Hazare said he has to awaken people as Parliament was not upholding Constitution.
"This Lok Sabha is not upholding the Constitution. We will have to awaken people. The divide between poor and rich is widening. The time has come to dissolve this Lok Sabha," he said.
He said new office of his movement will be inaugurated on January 12, the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanda, in Ralegan Siddhi where he will try to gather around 1,000 youths, who will take a pledge that they will work for bringing change in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Cabinet gives nod to revised Indo-Cyprus DTAA
- AAP dares rebel leader Dharamvira Gandhi to resign as MP
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price