Arvind Ranjan appointed BSF head till regular appointment
New Delhi: The government has appointed senior IPS officer Arvind Ranjan as the head of paramilitary BSF till a regular incumbent is appointed to the post.
The post of Director General (DG) BSF fell vacant after current chief U K Bansal retired on Thursday.
Ranjan, an officer of Kerala cadre, currently serving as Special DG in the force, is a 1977-batch Kerala cadre officer.
"The Competent Authority has approved that Arvind Ranjan, IPS (Kerala-1977), presently Special DG, Border Security Force will look after the duties of Director General BSF with immediate effect and till an incumbent to the post is appointed on regular basis or until further orders," a Home Ministry statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy