Arvind Ranjan appointed BSF head till regular appointment
New Delhi: The government has appointed senior IPS officer Arvind Ranjan as the head of paramilitary BSF till a regular incumbent is appointed to the post.
The post of Director General (DG) BSF fell vacant after current chief U K Bansal retired on Thursday.
Ranjan, an officer of Kerala cadre, currently serving as Special DG in the force, is a 1977-batch Kerala cadre officer.
"The Competent Authority has approved that Arvind Ranjan, IPS (Kerala-1977), presently Special DG, Border Security Force will look after the duties of Director General BSF with immediate effect and till an incumbent to the post is appointed on regular basis or until further orders," a Home Ministry statement said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!