Asaram should be immediately arrested: BSP
Fatehpur (UP): BSP on Saturday lashed out at delay in the arrest of self-styled godman Asaram Bapu saying that he should have been in jail by now as his act has also "degraded the Sadhus".
"Asaram has also degraded the Sant Samaj ... The delay in his arrest by the Rajasthan police proved that instead of following the law it (police) is out to give shelter to him", leader of opposition in the UP assembly, Swami Prasad Maurya told reporters here.
"The law of the land is supreme... Everyone however big he might be has to abide by it... And Asaram is no exception," he said.
On Uttar Pradesh, the BSP leader said that the state government has failed on all fronts and Akhilesh Yadav has proved to be the most "unsuccessful" Chief Minister so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!