Asaram should be immediately arrested: BSP
Fatehpur (UP): BSP on Saturday lashed out at delay in the arrest of self-styled godman Asaram Bapu saying that he should have been in jail by now as his act has also "degraded the Sadhus".
"Asaram has also degraded the Sant Samaj ... The delay in his arrest by the Rajasthan police proved that instead of following the law it (police) is out to give shelter to him", leader of opposition in the UP assembly, Swami Prasad Maurya told reporters here.
"The law of the land is supreme... Everyone however big he might be has to abide by it... And Asaram is no exception," he said.
On Uttar Pradesh, the BSP leader said that the state government has failed on all fronts and Akhilesh Yadav has proved to be the most "unsuccessful" Chief Minister so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway