Ashok Khemka seeks central deputation
New Delhi: Amid speculation that he may be shifted to the Centre, whistleblower IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who had sparked a controversy by questioning land deals of Robert Vadra in Haryana, on Tuesday said he has sent a request for central deputation but has not yet got a response.
Khemka, a 1991-batch officer currently holding the post of Secretary, Haryana Government, Department of Archives, said that he had sought central deputation over three months back.
"I had asked for central deputation in March," Khemka told PTI, but added that he was not aware of the status of his request, which was recently forwarded to the Centre by the state government.
"I am fine with any ministry or department," said the Haryana cadre IAS officer, who had initiated inquiry into the alleged irregularities in land deals between DLF and Vadra, son-in-law of Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Asked whether the government had taken a call on Khemka`s request, Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh was non-committal.
"We are not commenting on this issue," he said, adding, "The placement is a part of the natural process of administration. It`s not appropriate to attach motives."
Khemka, who hit the headlines for cancelling mutation of Vadra`s land deal with realty giant DLF in Gurgaon in October 2012, has accused Haryana government of victimising him.
In 2013 the state government had charge sheeted Khemka for "wrongly" cancelling mutation of the deal.
The Haryana government had earlier alleged that cancelling the mutation was an administratively improper step by Khemka since he stood transferred as Managing Director of Haryana Seed Development Corporation (HSDC) on October 11, 2012 from his earlier post of Director General Consolidation of Land Holdings and Land Records-cum-Inspector General of Registration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars