Ashok Khemka seeks central deputation
New Delhi: Amid speculation that he may be shifted to the Centre, whistleblower IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who had sparked a controversy by questioning land deals of Robert Vadra in Haryana, on Tuesday said he has sent a request for central deputation but has not yet got a response.
Khemka, a 1991-batch officer currently holding the post of Secretary, Haryana Government, Department of Archives, said that he had sought central deputation over three months back.
"I had asked for central deputation in March," Khemka told PTI, but added that he was not aware of the status of his request, which was recently forwarded to the Centre by the state government.
"I am fine with any ministry or department," said the Haryana cadre IAS officer, who had initiated inquiry into the alleged irregularities in land deals between DLF and Vadra, son-in-law of Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Asked whether the government had taken a call on Khemka`s request, Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh was non-committal.
"We are not commenting on this issue," he said, adding, "The placement is a part of the natural process of administration. It`s not appropriate to attach motives."
Khemka, who hit the headlines for cancelling mutation of Vadra`s land deal with realty giant DLF in Gurgaon in October 2012, has accused Haryana government of victimising him.
In 2013 the state government had charge sheeted Khemka for "wrongly" cancelling mutation of the deal.
The Haryana government had earlier alleged that cancelling the mutation was an administratively improper step by Khemka since he stood transferred as Managing Director of Haryana Seed Development Corporation (HSDC) on October 11, 2012 from his earlier post of Director General Consolidation of Land Holdings and Land Records-cum-Inspector General of Registration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in