Aurobindo’s birth anniversary celebrated
Puducherry: People from different parts of the country thronged the Sri Aurobindo Ashram here on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of the saint-philosopher.
Followers of Sri Aurobindo meditated in front of his memorial and that of The Mother (his spiritual collaborator) and also visited the room where the saint-philosopher had carried on his spiritual works.
Aurobindo, who founded the ashram in 1926, had evolved a new method of spiritual practice, which he called Integral Yoga. He died on December 5, 1950.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists
- HILARIOUS! Neymar fan caught in laundry room of Olympic team hotel