Aurobindo’s birth anniversary celebrated
Puducherry: People from different parts of the country thronged the Sri Aurobindo Ashram here on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of the saint-philosopher.
Followers of Sri Aurobindo meditated in front of his memorial and that of The Mother (his spiritual collaborator) and also visited the room where the saint-philosopher had carried on his spiritual works.
Aurobindo, who founded the ashram in 1926, had evolved a new method of spiritual practice, which he called Integral Yoga. He died on December 5, 1950.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened