Aurobindo’s birth anniversary celebrated
Puducherry: People from different parts of the country thronged the Sri Aurobindo Ashram here on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of the saint-philosopher.
Followers of Sri Aurobindo meditated in front of his memorial and that of The Mother (his spiritual collaborator) and also visited the room where the saint-philosopher had carried on his spiritual works.
Aurobindo, who founded the ashram in 1926, had evolved a new method of spiritual practice, which he called Integral Yoga. He died on December 5, 1950.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured