Aurobindo’s birth anniversary celebrated
Puducherry: People from different parts of the country thronged the Sri Aurobindo Ashram here on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of the saint-philosopher.
Followers of Sri Aurobindo meditated in front of his memorial and that of The Mother (his spiritual collaborator) and also visited the room where the saint-philosopher had carried on his spiritual works.
Aurobindo, who founded the ashram in 1926, had evolved a new method of spiritual practice, which he called Integral Yoga. He died on December 5, 1950.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation