Average age of union cabinet members 64.5 yrs: BJP
Ranchi: The BJP on Wednesday claimed that the average age of 33 ministers in the Manmohan Singh cabinet was 64 years and six months and contradicted the Congress claim about youth getting adequate representation.
"Contrary to the Congress` claim that the youth have got adequate representation in the union ministry, there are 33 ministers whose average age is 64.5 years. One can?t expect anything from this expansion," BJP’s state unit spokesman Prem Mittal said in a press release.
"For the past six months there had been talk on a reshuffle in order to change the image of a government ridden with corruption and the poor man being burdened with price rise. Tuesday’s exercise came as a disappointment to the country," Mittal said.
In a rebuttal to BJP claims, Jharkhand PCC asked the saffron party to "wait before passing unwarranted comments."
"The BJP should wait and watch the new faces who have got ministerial responsibility. All of them are committed to serve the nation," a JPCC spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note