Ayodhya verdict: Muslim, Hindu leaders appeal for peace
Lucknow: With the date of pronouncement of the Allahabad High Court judgment on Ayodhya dispute drawing near, religious leaders and scholars of both the communities have appealed for peace and communal harmony.
Leading Muslim religious leaders, including Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad, naib imam of Idgah and member of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board, Maulana Khalid Rasheed Firangimahli besides Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband have asked Muslims to respect the verdict of the court and maintain communal harmony .
"Peace is of prime importance and we have made the Muslims aware of it at every level in discourses and appeals that communal harmony should be maintained, so as to check vested interests from taking advantage of the situation," Firangimahli told a news agency.
Kalbe Jawwad asked community members to be weary of political leaders who would try to take advantage of the situation to serve their ulterior motives.
Darul Uloom Deoband had yesterday appealed to the people to respect the verdict of the court and maintain peace and communal harmony in the country .
The main pujari of the Ram Janmbhoomi temple in Ayodhya, Acharya Satyendra Das Mahraj and Mahant of Janki Ghat in Ayodhya, Janmey Sharan have also asked the community to remain calm and accept the verdict of the court.
Satyendra Das, appointed main pujari by the court, had also taken part in the roza iftar function recently to strengthen communal amity.
"In case the verdict is against the aspirations of any individual or party in the case, he is free to approach the Supreme Court,", Firangimahli said, adding there should not be any reaction to it in society or on streets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP