Azam Khan invites Jaswant Singh to join SP
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan Thursday invited rebel BJP leader Jaswant Singh to join his party saying that its doors were open for him.
"I invite him (Jaswant) to join SP. Doors of my party are open for him...," Khan said.
After being denied ticket from Barmer, senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh has filed nomination from the seat as an independent candidate.
He has also attacked his party for treating him like a piece of furniture.
Replying to a question about Supreme Court holding UP government "prima facie" responsible for negligence in preventing communal violence in Muzaffarnagar, Khan said, "it was good that SC did not term the state government as murderer as orders of the government were not followed by officers."
"I myself have accepted that the orders of the government were not followed by officers. The orders of the government were not executed by officer due to which government had to face the consequences. RSS, BJP and fascist forces had orchestrated riots it was proved in SC," Khan said while defending his government.
Attacking BJP leader Narendra Modi, Khan said that his Gujarat model was a "model of terror".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters