Azam Khan invites Jaswant Singh to join SP
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan Thursday invited rebel BJP leader Jaswant Singh to join his party saying that its doors were open for him.
"I invite him (Jaswant) to join SP. Doors of my party are open for him...," Khan said.
After being denied ticket from Barmer, senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh has filed nomination from the seat as an independent candidate.
He has also attacked his party for treating him like a piece of furniture.
Replying to a question about Supreme Court holding UP government "prima facie" responsible for negligence in preventing communal violence in Muzaffarnagar, Khan said, "it was good that SC did not term the state government as murderer as orders of the government were not followed by officers."
"I myself have accepted that the orders of the government were not followed by officers. The orders of the government were not executed by officer due to which government had to face the consequences. RSS, BJP and fascist forces had orchestrated riots it was proved in SC," Khan said while defending his government.
Attacking BJP leader Narendra Modi, Khan said that his Gujarat model was a "model of terror".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months