Bail conditions of Abhaya murder case accused relaxed
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Wednesday relaxed the bail conditions of Sister Sephy, third accused in the sister Abhaya murder case.
A division Bench comprising Justice K Balakrishnan Nair
and Justice C T Ravikumar lifted the two conditions imposed in
the January 1 last bail order that she should report to the
investigating officer as and when directed and not to leave
the place of residence without prior permission of the
The court had earlier relaxed the bail conditions of two
other accused -- Father Thomas Kotoor and Father Jose
The body of Abhaya, an inmate of the St Pius Convent at
Kottayam, was found in the well of the convent in March 1992.
CBI arrested Thomas Kotoor, Jose Puthrikayil and Sephy on the
charge of murder in November last year.
Meanwhile, hearing a petition by former SP, Kottayam, K T
Michael, challenging Ernakulam Chief Judicial Magistrate`s
order permitting CBI to conduct Narco Analysis test on him,
the bench said trial court could impose appropriate conditions
necessary for fair trial of the case.
The petition has been posted to Friday for further hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow