Bail conditions of Abhaya murder case accused relaxed
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Wednesday relaxed the bail conditions of Sister Sephy, third accused in the sister Abhaya murder case.
A division Bench comprising Justice K Balakrishnan Nair
and Justice C T Ravikumar lifted the two conditions imposed in
the January 1 last bail order that she should report to the
investigating officer as and when directed and not to leave
the place of residence without prior permission of the
The court had earlier relaxed the bail conditions of two
other accused -- Father Thomas Kotoor and Father Jose
The body of Abhaya, an inmate of the St Pius Convent at
Kottayam, was found in the well of the convent in March 1992.
CBI arrested Thomas Kotoor, Jose Puthrikayil and Sephy on the
charge of murder in November last year.
Meanwhile, hearing a petition by former SP, Kottayam, K T
Michael, challenging Ernakulam Chief Judicial Magistrate`s
order permitting CBI to conduct Narco Analysis test on him,
the bench said trial court could impose appropriate conditions
necessary for fair trial of the case.
The petition has been posted to Friday for further hearing.
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind