Balance between nature and technology must: Joshi
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar
Joshi on Wednesday emphasised on the need for maintaining balance
between ecology and technological development.
"You can feed from your mother (nature) but you cannot
bleed her....Mahatma Gandhi said there is enough in nature for
everybody`s need but not enough for everybody`s greed....So
the social cost of the economy should also be added and paid
for," he said.
Joshi was speaking at a seminar on environment protection
organised by the BJP youth wing.
He said a critical balance between ecology and
technological advancement is required "if we wish the future
generations to lead a healthy life away from diseases".
"We interact with nature and the way we treat it, it will
treat us... Will the young live with the tragedy of swine flu,
cancers and diabetes and stress?"
The veteran leader said the industries which were
polluting the rivers and the environment should be asked to
pay for it.
"When we cannot change ourselves and have become slaves
to modern technology like air conditioners, how can we expect
the developed nations to leave their level of consumption?" he
Joshi said the capitalist thinking of "torturing" nature
to harness it should give way to a holistic approach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29