Azamgarh: A national body of Muslims
would stage a dharna in the national capital on September 19,
the third anniversary of Batla house encounter, to demand a
judicial probe into the incident.
National general secretary of National Ulema Council
Maulana Tahir Madni told reporters here today that two
innocent boys of Azamgarh were killed in the alleged fake
encounter on September 19, 2008 and the council had been
demanding a judicial probe since then.
"The Ulema Council had been demanding judicial probe
so that the truth can be brought out but the Congress
government has been resisting it," Madni said.
Ironically the Samajwadi Party and the BSP, who claim
to be the well wishers of Muslims, were also supporting the
Congress government at the Centre, Madni said adding that had
they really been concerned about the Muslims they would have
withdrawn their support.
Madni said Muslims from all over the country would
assemble at Jantar Mantar in support of the demand.