B`deshi national, 2 others held; fake currency notes seized
Kolkata: One Bangladeshi national and two others were arrested and fake currency notes with a face value of Rs 8 lakh seized from them in Kolkata and Malda, police
said here on Friday.
"Jasimuddin of Bangladesh and Salam Mondal of Nadia district were arrested at Khidderpore area in southern Kolkata last night when they shopping in a department store," Deputy Commissioner (Special Task Force) Pranab Kumar said.
"Acting on a tip-off, police raided the market and caught the duo. Six bundles of Rs 500 and two bundles of Rs 1,000 counterfeit notes with a face value of Rs five lakh were
seized from them," he said.
In a separate incident, a person named Asit Mondal was arrested and fake Rs 500 currency notes with a face value of Rs 3 lakh were recovered from his possession at Byaspur area in Malda district bordering Bangladesh, Kumar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed