B`deshi national, 2 others held; fake currency notes seized
Kolkata: One Bangladeshi national and two others were arrested and fake currency notes with a face value of Rs 8 lakh seized from them in Kolkata and Malda, police
said here on Friday.
"Jasimuddin of Bangladesh and Salam Mondal of Nadia district were arrested at Khidderpore area in southern Kolkata last night when they shopping in a department store," Deputy Commissioner (Special Task Force) Pranab Kumar said.
"Acting on a tip-off, police raided the market and caught the duo. Six bundles of Rs 500 and two bundles of Rs 1,000 counterfeit notes with a face value of Rs five lakh were
seized from them," he said.
In a separate incident, a person named Asit Mondal was arrested and fake Rs 500 currency notes with a face value of Rs 3 lakh were recovered from his possession at Byaspur area in Malda district bordering Bangladesh, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch