B`deshi national, 2 others held; fake currency notes seized
Kolkata: One Bangladeshi national and two others were arrested and fake currency notes with a face value of Rs 8 lakh seized from them in Kolkata and Malda, police
said here on Friday.
"Jasimuddin of Bangladesh and Salam Mondal of Nadia district were arrested at Khidderpore area in southern Kolkata last night when they shopping in a department store," Deputy Commissioner (Special Task Force) Pranab Kumar said.
"Acting on a tip-off, police raided the market and caught the duo. Six bundles of Rs 500 and two bundles of Rs 1,000 counterfeit notes with a face value of Rs five lakh were
seized from them," he said.
In a separate incident, a person named Asit Mondal was arrested and fake Rs 500 currency notes with a face value of Rs 3 lakh were recovered from his possession at Byaspur area in Malda district bordering Bangladesh, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics