Bhatkal`s family says he is falsely implicated
Mumbai: The family members of Pune blast
`prime` suspect Abdul Samad Bhatkal, who is in the custody of
state Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) in a 2009 arms seizure case,
today said he was falsely implicated in the German Bakery
"Abdul is innocent. He is falsely implicated in the case.
At the time of the blast, he was with us in Bhatkal (in
Karnataka)," Mohammed Ahmed Ali, uncle of the accused told
According to the ATS, Abdul is suspected to have planted
a bomb in the German Bakery, where 17 persons were killed.
Though Union Home Minister P Chidambaram has said Abdul
is the key suspect in the February 13 explosion, ATS has
booked him only in the arms case.
In August 2009, ATS had arrested three aides of gangster
Chhota Shakeel for possession of firearms. According to the
investigating agency, Abdul was the supplier of the arms. He
is in police custody till June 1.
Meanwhile, his lawyer Mubin Solkar told PTI, "I was
approached by Abdul`s family last night after which I decided
to represent him. I have nothing to say about him at this
stage as I am still holding talks with the family."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31