Bhutan govt informed of violation by Bhutan lotteries: Centre
Kochi: The Central Government on Tuesday
informed the Kerala High Court that it had taken up with the
Royal Bhutan Government the matter pertaining to violation of
lottery rules in Kerala by Bhutan lotteries.
`The matters of violation pertaining to the Bhutan
lotteries in the state of Kerala was brought to the notice of
Bhutan government`, Vinay Shankar Pandey, Under Secretary,
Ministry of Home Affairs, said in a counter affidavit filed in
the court on a pettiion by Megha Distributors challenging the
recently promuglated ordinance.
The centre in consultation with Ministry of External
Affairs has taken up the matter with the Royal Government of
Bhutan. The provisions of lottery regulation act and rules
have been appropriately conveyed to the Bhutan government, it
Home Department has addressed the External Affiarms
ministry requesting them to provide further information to
Observing that the Sept 13, 2010 Lottery ammendment brought
by the state which among other things permits enhancement
of rate of tax on each bumper draw and on each draw, was valid
and constitutional, the central government clarified that they
have acted strictly in accordance with lotteries Regulation
Kerala High Court today deferred the hearing of the lottery
case to December second week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?