Bihar court frames charges against Rabri Devi
Patna: A local court today framed charges
against the Leader of Opposition in Bihar assembly Rabri Devi
in a defamation case charging her with making contemptuous
remarks against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and former JD(U)
state president and MP Rajiv Ranjan Singh.
Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate (SDJM) Deenanath Singh
framed the charges against Rabri Devi in her presence in the
The SDJM put up the case for examining the evidences
during the next date of hearing which was, however, not
announced by him.
The court had on January 23 exempted Rabri Devi, also a
former chief minister, from appearing in person in the court
in connection with the case.
Singh had on April 13, 2009 filed a petition seeking to
initiate defamation proceedings against Rabri Devi for her
"uncharitable and vulgar" remarks against him and Kumar during
electioneering in Saran district for the last Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples