Bihar: Maoists release eleven abducted villagers
Patna: All the 11 people kidnapped by Maoists from Kareili village in Bihar`s Munger district were released in a jungle, police said on Sunday morning.
"The abducted people were released in Basraha-Chormara jungle near the village when they were closely tracked by the securitymen, led by Superintendent of Police, Munger, and P Kannan on Saturday," Director General of Police, Neelmani said, adding that they returned home safe by Saturday evening.
Meanwhile, combing operations assisted by CRPF and special task force in Bihar continued in the area under the surveillance of IG, Bhagalpur zone, DIG Munger range and IG operations to track down the rebels, he said.
Maoists dressed as CRPF men had shot dead six people including two special police officers and had abducted 11 villagers after an encounter with police in the village on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets