Bill in LS to provide edn to disabled children
New Delhi: A bill to widen the beneficiary net for disabled children in Right to Education and provide those with severe disability the option of receiving education at home was moved in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2010, moved by HRD Minister Kapil Sibal, provides the right to receive home-based education to children with severe disabilities and dismissed criticism of the provision.
Parents would have the option of providing home-based education to children with severe disabilities, according to the bill passed by Rajya Sabha last month.
As soon as Sibal rose to move the bill after the passage of the Finance Bill, members from the Opposition protested and demanded that it be done tomorrow. Sibal said he was only moving the bill for consideration and the debate on it could take place tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley