Bill in LS to provide edn to disabled children
New Delhi: A bill to widen the beneficiary net for disabled children in Right to Education and provide those with severe disability the option of receiving education at home was moved in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2010, moved by HRD Minister Kapil Sibal, provides the right to receive home-based education to children with severe disabilities and dismissed criticism of the provision.
Parents would have the option of providing home-based education to children with severe disabilities, according to the bill passed by Rajya Sabha last month.
As soon as Sibal rose to move the bill after the passage of the Finance Bill, members from the Opposition protested and demanded that it be done tomorrow. Sibal said he was only moving the bill for consideration and the debate on it could take place tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'