Binayak Sen`s mother to move court for son`s release
Kalyani (WB): The ailing mother of Binayak
Sen, sentenced to life on sedition charges by a Chhattisgarh
court, said she would move the High Court and, if needed, the
Supreme Court, to undo the "injustice" meted out to her son.
Anasua Sen (84) told reporters on Tuesday that she would
move the High Court by early next month seeking a bail and
hoped her son would be released.
"If I need to move Supreme Court, I will do so, so that
my son will be free. My son is absolutely innocent and worked
for the betterment of poor people in Chhattisgarh for which
he was given the globally recognised Jonathan Mann award,"
She said she is also prepared to write to the president,
prime minister or the Congress president for the release of
her doctor-activist son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred