Bitta demands ban on Sri Ram Sene
New Delhi: Condemning the attack on Prashant
Bhushan, All India Anti Terrorist Front chairman MS Bitta
on Thursday demanded a ban on right-wing outfit Sri Ram Sene, whose
activists were allegedly involved in the assault.
"The attack on Prashant Bhushan was very unfortunate.
Organisations like Ram Sena create a very wrong image of
Hinduism and Hindus. They should be banned," Bitta told
reporters on the sidelines of a function organised by the NCC.
Bitta, however, took strong exception to the reported
remarks by the lawyer on Kashmir which allegedly provoked the
Calling upon Anna Hazare to restrain his team members
from making such comments, he said the reported remarks on
Kashmir by Bhushan were "uncalled for".
"Anna Hazare ji, the country has given you a lot of
support and respect, but your team should try not to indulge
in mere rhetoric. First, it was Swami Agnivesh and now
Prashant Bhushan.... His comments on Kashmir were uncalled
for," he said.
Bitta said youths should express their grievances through
words and not by indulging in violence. "Youth should make
their tongues `like AK-47` and not indulge in violent acts."
Earlier, speaking at the National Disaster Reduction Day
function, he said the National Cadet Corps(NCC) could play a
vital role in raising awareness to fight terrorism.
"The role of NCC is really crucial in strengthening and
creating awareness amongst the youth. We have urged the
government to make NCC compulsory from school to college and
university level," Bitta said.
He also favoured imparting "compulsory army training" to
youths so that they could offer a helping hand in
situations of disaster and terrorist strikes.
"The youth should be given compulsory army training at
least for six months like they do in Israel," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened