BJP appoints party spokespersons for Parliament
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party on Tuesday appointed its parliamentary party spokespersons for both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
The party has appointed Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Anurag Thakur and Meenakshi Lekhi as the spokespersons for the Lower House of the Parliament.
On other hand, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and JP Nadda have been appointed as the party`s spokespersons in the Upper House.
Meanwhile, the party on July 12 had appointed Rajnath Singh, the present Union Home Minister and former president of the BJP as the deputy leader of the party in the Lok Sabha, while Finance and Defence minister Arun Jaitley has been appointed as the party’s deputy leader in the Rajya Sabha.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is the head of the parliamentary party.
Furthermore, M Venkaiah Naidu, the Minister of Parliamentary Affairs, was named the ‘government chief whip’.
Two ministers of state – Santosh Gangwar (Lok Sabha) along with Prakash Javadekar (Rajya Sabha) have been named as Naidu’s ‘government deputy chief whips’.
The party chief whip in the Lok Sabha will be Arjun Ram Meghwal, which Avinash Rai Khanna will take up the same post in the Rajya Sabha.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail