BJP appoints party spokespersons for Parliament
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party on Tuesday appointed its parliamentary party spokespersons for both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
The party has appointed Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Anurag Thakur and Meenakshi Lekhi as the spokespersons for the Lower House of the Parliament.
On other hand, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and JP Nadda have been appointed as the party`s spokespersons in the Upper House.
Meanwhile, the party on July 12 had appointed Rajnath Singh, the present Union Home Minister and former president of the BJP as the deputy leader of the party in the Lok Sabha, while Finance and Defence minister Arun Jaitley has been appointed as the party’s deputy leader in the Rajya Sabha.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is the head of the parliamentary party.
Furthermore, M Venkaiah Naidu, the Minister of Parliamentary Affairs, was named the ‘government chief whip’.
Two ministers of state – Santosh Gangwar (Lok Sabha) along with Prakash Javadekar (Rajya Sabha) have been named as Naidu’s ‘government deputy chief whips’.
The party chief whip in the Lok Sabha will be Arjun Ram Meghwal, which Avinash Rai Khanna will take up the same post in the Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report