BJP appoints party spokespersons for Parliament
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party on Tuesday appointed its parliamentary party spokespersons for both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
The party has appointed Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Anurag Thakur and Meenakshi Lekhi as the spokespersons for the Lower House of the Parliament.
On other hand, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and JP Nadda have been appointed as the party`s spokespersons in the Upper House.
Meanwhile, the party on July 12 had appointed Rajnath Singh, the present Union Home Minister and former president of the BJP as the deputy leader of the party in the Lok Sabha, while Finance and Defence minister Arun Jaitley has been appointed as the party’s deputy leader in the Rajya Sabha.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is the head of the parliamentary party.
Furthermore, M Venkaiah Naidu, the Minister of Parliamentary Affairs, was named the ‘government chief whip’.
Two ministers of state – Santosh Gangwar (Lok Sabha) along with Prakash Javadekar (Rajya Sabha) have been named as Naidu’s ‘government deputy chief whips’.
The party chief whip in the Lok Sabha will be Arjun Ram Meghwal, which Avinash Rai Khanna will take up the same post in the Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister