BJP assures strong action against K’taka ministers
New Delhi: Embarrassed by its Karnataka
ministers caught watching a porn clip on a mobile in the
assembly, BJP on Wednesday said the incident is "unfortunate and
indecent" and insisted that the national leadership will take
the "strongest" action against them.
"The national leadership of BJP has taken note of what
has happened. It is unfortunate and uncalled for. Certainly it
demeans the political system. We have no qualms in stating
that. We have admitted that. The resignations have been taken
and accepted.... Strongest action will be taken against them,"
BJP spokesperson and MP Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
He maintained that a statement has already been issued
by the party leadership and the matter is being looked into.
Rudy denied reports that the two ministers in the
Karnataka government are likely to get away lightly as they
are close to former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa.
"These reports are baseless. One is free to make his
own speculations," he said.
Asked if the case involved a breach of privilege as the
ministers were caught inside the Assembly, Rudy maintained
that if any member of the House felt so, he or she is free to
move a breach of privilege motion.
Terming the incident as indecent, Rudy insisted such
incidents should not take place.
Hitting back at the Congress- which had attacked the BJP
on this incident- Rudy said the Banwari Devi case in Rajasthan
and the making of a CD on a governor of Andhra Pradesh in the
state`s Raj Bhawan were similar cases which were unfortunate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon