BJP attacks Centre on Sarabjit Singh issue
Patna: BJP on Monday criticised the Centre for not taking any strong action for the brutal attack on Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan jail and said the incident was an act of revenge against hanging of Afzal Guru and Ajmal Kasab.
The incident showed the union government`s unpreparedness in taking precautionary measures in protecting Sarabjit Singh as the attack was a revenge against hanging of Afzal Guru and Ajmal Kasab, party`s Deputy Leader in Rajya Sabha Ravishankar Prasad told reporters here.
"This is a case of paralysis of Indian foreign policy," Prasad said. He also linked the incident to Pakistan`s "dubious" attempt to divert attention of the world community from Chinese intrusion in Indian territory.
The Chinese intrusion in Ladakh and India allowing Italian marines facing trial for killing two fishermen of Kerala to leave the country also showed the government`s unpreparedness, he said.
Decrying Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s statement that the Chinese intrusion was a local issue, Prasad said Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru had also made similar light comment on Chinese intrusion inside India in 1962.
The BJP leader appealed to the UPA government to call an all party meeting on Chinese intrusion issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL