BJP attacks govt over Sikhs’ beheading in Pak
New Delhi: The BJP on Sunday strongly condemned
the beheading of Sikhs by Taliban in North-West Frontier
Province of Pakistan and termed the attitude of Indian
government in the matter as "callous" for not putting
diplomatic pressure in time to get the abducted Sikhs
"BJP strongly condemns this dastardly massacre of
minority Sikh community in Pakistan. This shows how minorities
are treated with contempt in Pakistan. They were not given any
security," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
He also criticised the Indian government, alleging it
was being soft towards Pakistan while dealing with such
"What is truly worrisome is the callous attitude of
the Government of India. These Sikhs were abducted for
sometime. What kind of diplomatic pressure did India bring on
Pakistan to secure their release," Prasad said.
Initial reports said some Sikhs had been abducted by
the Taliban in Pakistan for ransom.
While two were beheaded, some were said to be still in
the custody of the Taliban.
"India has almost begged for a dialogue with Pakistan
and yet is so cruelly indifferent to the barbaric terrorism
being meted out to the innocent Sikh community in Pakistan,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video