BJP dares Virbhadra Singh for a CBI probe
New Delhi: BJP leader Anurag Thakur Tuesday asked Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh to quit and sought a CBI probe in corruption charges against him.
"Virbhadra Singh claims he is innocent. Why is he shying off from a CBI probe," Thakur said on the sidelines of a function here.
"I challenge Virbhadra Singh to resign and get a CBI probe done," the Lok Sabha member from Hamirpur said.
"His resignation is necessary for a fair probe," he added.
Under attack from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) over alleged corruption, the Himachal Pradesh chief minister Monday said the BJP should go to the Lokayukta for a probe against him.
Leader of Opposition inn the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitely has alleged that the chief minister accepted Rs 1.5 crore and Rs 2.4 crore through cheques in his and his parliamentarian wife Pratibha Singh`s name from Venture Energy and Technology Pvt Ltd, which was executing a power project in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan