BJP dares Virbhadra Singh for a CBI probe
New Delhi: BJP leader Anurag Thakur Tuesday asked Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh to quit and sought a CBI probe in corruption charges against him.
"Virbhadra Singh claims he is innocent. Why is he shying off from a CBI probe," Thakur said on the sidelines of a function here.
"I challenge Virbhadra Singh to resign and get a CBI probe done," the Lok Sabha member from Hamirpur said.
"His resignation is necessary for a fair probe," he added.
Under attack from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) over alleged corruption, the Himachal Pradesh chief minister Monday said the BJP should go to the Lokayukta for a probe against him.
Leader of Opposition inn the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitely has alleged that the chief minister accepted Rs 1.5 crore and Rs 2.4 crore through cheques in his and his parliamentarian wife Pratibha Singh`s name from Venture Energy and Technology Pvt Ltd, which was executing a power project in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption