BJP dares Virbhadra Singh for a CBI probe
New Delhi: BJP leader Anurag Thakur Tuesday asked Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh to quit and sought a CBI probe in corruption charges against him.
"Virbhadra Singh claims he is innocent. Why is he shying off from a CBI probe," Thakur said on the sidelines of a function here.
"I challenge Virbhadra Singh to resign and get a CBI probe done," the Lok Sabha member from Hamirpur said.
"His resignation is necessary for a fair probe," he added.
Under attack from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) over alleged corruption, the Himachal Pradesh chief minister Monday said the BJP should go to the Lokayukta for a probe against him.
Leader of Opposition inn the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitely has alleged that the chief minister accepted Rs 1.5 crore and Rs 2.4 crore through cheques in his and his parliamentarian wife Pratibha Singh`s name from Venture Energy and Technology Pvt Ltd, which was executing a power project in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Despite ban, 15 alcohol factories still active in Bihar?
- 7th Pay Commission: How it will benefit central govt employees and pensioners!
- VIDEO: Brett Lee sledged Zaheer Khan while he was batting. What happened next will blow your mind!
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics