BJP demands SIT probe in chopper scam
Hyderabad: Doubting the UPA government`s intentions in conducting an impartial probe into the VVIP chopper deal, BJP on Friday demanded that a Special Investigation Team be set up to investigate the matter under a monitoring mechanism.
The SIT probe should be done under the supervision of either the Supreme Court or a parliamentary committee, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said here.
"Because the Congress is notoriously known for misusing CBI for partisan political ends. That`s why for BJP the suggestion of a CBI inquiry is not acceptable. Because, CBI has no credibility and the government`s intention is also doubtful.
"Because this issue was raised in 2011 in Parliament and also a letter was written to the Defence Minister, in spite of that, government did not act so far," he told reporters.
The government talked about a CBI inquiry only after a case was filed over the issue in Italy and the "revelations" came to light that "payments were made to Indian middlemen also," he said.
"We do not have confidence in CBI. Because we have seen how the CBI, the Governor`s institution, the Income Tax department, the Enforcement Directorate and all other organisations are being misused by the government, one, to harass political opponents, second, to keep its allies under control and third, to win over neutrals," he alleged.
Claiming that the government was trying to side-track the issue by saying that it began when NDA was in power, Naidu maintained that "nothing started in NDA regime."
BJP would not mind even if the inquiry covered from 2003 (when NDA was in power), he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi