BJP deserves black flags, not the PM: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Sunday termed as
"unfortunate" the protest against the Prime Minister in
Amritsar and said Team Anna should have shown black flags to
BJP leaders who are responsible for not passing of the Lokpal
Bill in the Rajya Sabha.
Party spokesperson Rashid Alvi said Congress and its
allies got the Bill passed in Lok Sabha where they have got
majority and in Rajya Sabha, it was hoping that the BJP, which
was championing the cause of Lokpal, would support it but the
opposition party did not do so.
"So, they deserve to be shown black flags. It is our
party`s commitment to get the Bill passed in the Budget
Session," he said.
Alvi also wished speedy recovery to Anna Hazare, who has
been admitted in a Pune hospital and "prayed for his long
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur
were today shown black flags by supporters of anti-graft
crusader Anna Hazare at the Golden Temple in Amritsar.
A handful Hazare`s supporters, including women, raised
slogans against corruption and in favour of Lokpal as soon as
Singh and his wife came out after paying obeisance at the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!