BJP expresses solidarity with Israel
New Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday expressed its
solidarity with Israel and its people in the wake of
Monday`s attack on a vehicle belonging to its embassy here.
BJP Rajya Sabha MP and spokesperson Tarun Vijay, who met
Israeli Ambassador Alon Ushpiz, said, "India-Israel relations
are too deep and extraordinarily unique and their close
friendship has stood the test of time which can`t be altered
with such cowardly attacks of terrorists who are a blot on
The BJP expressed confidence that both countries would
continue their joint fight against terrorism, Vijay said in a
He conveyed the deep sympathies of his party president
Nitin Gadkari. The latter had visited Israel some months ago.
The right-wing party always supports Israel and its
cause and has espoused close relations with that country.
Vijay said the Israeli ambassador expressed gratitude
to the BJP and the people of India and stated that the
"tsunami of support and sympathies that this incident has
attracted from the common Indian citizen is a positive side of
the terror attack".
The BJP MP maintained that the ambassador had informed
him that the injured wife of an Israeli diplomat, has taken
the attack very courageously and she is now out of danger.
The ambassador was all praise for the brave driver of the
diplomat`s car and said that he was the "real hero" of the
incident who didn`t fear and brought the injured lady to the
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why