BJP expresses solidarity with Israel
New Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday expressed its
solidarity with Israel and its people in the wake of
Monday`s attack on a vehicle belonging to its embassy here.
BJP Rajya Sabha MP and spokesperson Tarun Vijay, who met
Israeli Ambassador Alon Ushpiz, said, "India-Israel relations
are too deep and extraordinarily unique and their close
friendship has stood the test of time which can`t be altered
with such cowardly attacks of terrorists who are a blot on
The BJP expressed confidence that both countries would
continue their joint fight against terrorism, Vijay said in a
He conveyed the deep sympathies of his party president
Nitin Gadkari. The latter had visited Israel some months ago.
The right-wing party always supports Israel and its
cause and has espoused close relations with that country.
Vijay said the Israeli ambassador expressed gratitude
to the BJP and the people of India and stated that the
"tsunami of support and sympathies that this incident has
attracted from the common Indian citizen is a positive side of
the terror attack".
The BJP MP maintained that the ambassador had informed
him that the injured wife of an Israeli diplomat, has taken
the attack very courageously and she is now out of danger.
The ambassador was all praise for the brave driver of the
diplomat`s car and said that he was the "real hero" of the
incident who didn`t fear and brought the injured lady to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?