BJP expresses solidarity with Israel
New Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday expressed its
solidarity with Israel and its people in the wake of
Monday`s attack on a vehicle belonging to its embassy here.
BJP Rajya Sabha MP and spokesperson Tarun Vijay, who met
Israeli Ambassador Alon Ushpiz, said, "India-Israel relations
are too deep and extraordinarily unique and their close
friendship has stood the test of time which can`t be altered
with such cowardly attacks of terrorists who are a blot on
The BJP expressed confidence that both countries would
continue their joint fight against terrorism, Vijay said in a
He conveyed the deep sympathies of his party president
Nitin Gadkari. The latter had visited Israel some months ago.
The right-wing party always supports Israel and its
cause and has espoused close relations with that country.
Vijay said the Israeli ambassador expressed gratitude
to the BJP and the people of India and stated that the
"tsunami of support and sympathies that this incident has
attracted from the common Indian citizen is a positive side of
the terror attack".
The BJP MP maintained that the ambassador had informed
him that the injured wife of an Israeli diplomat, has taken
the attack very courageously and she is now out of danger.
The ambassador was all praise for the brave driver of the
diplomat`s car and said that he was the "real hero" of the
incident who didn`t fear and brought the injured lady to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!