BJP hits out at Rahul for harping on emotional issues
Patna: BJP on Wednesday attacked Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi for making an emotional pitch to garner votes and claimed he had been compelled to do so as he had nothing to drive home about UPA government`s performance.
"It is very unfortunate that Rahul has spoken about the assassination of his grandmother and illness of his mother during electioneering and made an emotional appeal to the people to vote for Congress," senior BJP leader Ravishanker Prasad told reporters here.
"It`s very mean on the part of the Congress Vice-President to harp on the sacrifices made by his family about which the country already knows," he said, adding the emotional appeal made by Rahul at the same time "explains the fact that he has nothing positive to talk about the performance of UPA government for nearly two terms".
"It (Rahul`s speech in Churu, Rajasthan) also explains that your government has nothing to offer as far as the problems of modern India is concerned," the senior BJP leader said.
Claiming that the Congress Vice-President`s attempt to woo the electorate on emotional and personal issues will have no bearing on the outcome of the assembly and parliamentary polls, he said "today`s youth is not moved by these emotional things but they are more concerned about their future."
Prasad hit out at UPA government for its alleged non-performance during its rule nearing a decade and charged India has suffered and become an insecure place during the tenure of the present dispensation at the Centre.
"This government simply has no answers to the
sufferings of the people who have been left with tears in their eyes due to rising prices of essential commodities with the onion selling at Rs 100 per kg," the senior BJP leader alleged.
Prasad accused UPA government of mismanagement of food economy and said it was the government`s job to manage it whether or not there was a legislation in place.
"It requires a good management to bring down food prices, including that of onion," he said.
Prasad also charged UPA government with mishandling external security of the country vis-a-vis Pakistan and China "posing serious threat to our borders".
"Pakistan has made 30 incursions into India`s territory in Jammu and Kashmir recently and China too poses menacing threat to our borders," he said and questioned UPA government`s policies to secure India`s borders.
On the conviction of the RJD supremo Lalu Prasad in the fodder scam, the BJP leader said it was a process well begun in the direction of cleansing politics.
Other scams cases like the coal blocks allotment, 2G spectrum, CWG etc, should be tried expeditiously and in the coal block`s allotment, the PMO should be investigated for allotment of a coal block to Hindalco.
However, Congress was not willing to go for expeditious trials in scams during UPA rule as it was itself mired in corruption, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy