BJP on ‘overdrive’ to collect funds for polls: Congress
Bhopal: Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Congress`s Ajay Singh, on Friday said that the BJP government had gone on an "overdrive" to allegedly collect funds to finance the party`s campaign for the upcoming Assembly elections.
Ajay alleged that tenders worth Rs 5,000 crore were approved in the water resources department without following any rules or technical advice.
He alleged that BJP planned to spend Rs 150 crore to organise its party workers` meeting, to be held here on September 25.
The three main speakers at the meeting would be LK Advani, Gujarat Chief Minister and the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, he said.
That means a speech by these leaders would cost Rs 50 crore each, Ajay alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Chris Gayle goes berserk as Portugal pip Croatia in Euro 2016