BJP on ‘overdrive’ to collect funds for polls: Congress
Bhopal: Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Congress`s Ajay Singh, on Friday said that the BJP government had gone on an "overdrive" to allegedly collect funds to finance the party`s campaign for the upcoming Assembly elections.
Ajay alleged that tenders worth Rs 5,000 crore were approved in the water resources department without following any rules or technical advice.
He alleged that BJP planned to spend Rs 150 crore to organise its party workers` meeting, to be held here on September 25.
The three main speakers at the meeting would be LK Advani, Gujarat Chief Minister and the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, he said.
That means a speech by these leaders would cost Rs 50 crore each, Ajay alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog