BJP says Lalu, Cong helped Koda; RJD chief rubbishes charge
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday accused RJD chief Lalu
Prasad and Congress of helping former Jharkhand Chief Minister
Madhu Koda allegedly amass black money, a charge rubbished as
"ridiculous" by the RJD supremo.
"The probe agencies should now also focus on former
Bihar Chief Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav and Congress as they
are equally responsible for the black money earned by Koda,"
BJP national Vice-President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters
When contacted, Prasad said, "I don`t pay any
attention to such irresponsible statements by BJP leaders who
have always tried to tarnish my image and falsely implicated
me in the multi-crore rupees fodder scam. It is ridiculous."
Naqvi said if the ambit of the ongoing investigations is
broadened, then the role of Prasad, Congress and "some others"
would come out in the open.
When reminded that Koda was a Mines Minister in the Arjun
Munda government in Jharkhand, Naqvi said the BJP had removed
him when the party came to know that he was involved
in alleged corrupt practices.
"But Congress made him the Chief Minister," he added.
The RJD chief said, "If BJP is at all interested in a
probe, Munda should also be brought under the scanner as under
him Koda was a minister and had supported and saved his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note