BJP serves legal notice to Cong spokesman in Adarsh scam
New Delhi: BJP president Nitin Gadkari has
served a legal notice to Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari
asking him to apologise for making defamatory charges against
him in the Adarsh Society Housing scam.
"I hereby call upon you to tender an unconditional
apology within 72 hours of receiving this notice in every
Electronic and Print Media you have reviled my client," the
legal notice served by advocate Bhupender Yadav on behalf of
"If you fail to do so, my client will initiate proceedings
against you both for criminal defamation punishable under
section 500 IPC (simple imprisonment for a term which may
extend to two years, or with fine, or with both) and for the
tort of libel and for damages for loss of reputation and
exemplary damages, at your sole risk as to costs and
consequences," the notice said.
The legal notice was served yesterday evening and its
copies were released to the media today.
Tewari had alleged that Ajay Sancheti, an associate of
Gadkari and a member of BJP National Executive, has a `benami`
(by proxy) flat in Adarsh Housing Society in the name of his
The notice also clarifies that Gadkari has no direct or
indirect connection with any flat in Adarsh society.
"The imputations made by you against my client are false,
baseless, malicious and malafide. Your statement is intended
to lower the reputation of my client," Yadav states in the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani