BJP should fight polls under Advani`s guardianship: Shatrughan Sinha
Patna: BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha on Monday said the party should go to the 2014 Lok Sabha polls under the guardianship of LK Advani as "experience and vision" are needed to guide the party.
"Like Veer Kunwar Singh, who fought the British at the ripe age of 80, Advaniji who is also 80 plus has enough energy left to guide the party in the upcoming polls," he told a function on the eve of the birth anniversary of Kunwar Singh organised by BJP.
"Experience and vision are needed for guiding party and the country and Advaniji has these qualities," Sinha, who regards the veteran BJP leader as his political inspiration, said.
"Lack of experience cannot be compensated through youthfulness," he said in a veiled remark on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, talked of as a strong PM probable of the party in 2014.
Sinha`s comment follows that of Yashwant Sinha who vouched for Advani as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
In reply to questions on the candidature of Modi and other probable top BJP leaders for the PM`s post, he said, "The issue will be decided by the party`s top leadership. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan is also dynamic."
Amid indication of cracks in NDA after JD(U) attack on Narendra Modi, Sinha said, "Nitish Kumar has been a dependable friend of BJP for long hence we should not loose him."
"The PM candidate should be chosen through consensus and not confrontation," he added.
The function was also addressed by BJP General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy, state party president Mangal Pandey, BJP disciplinary committee head and MP Radha Mohan Singh and state ministers Nand Kishore Yadav, Janardan Singh Sigriwal and Chandramohan Rai, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?