BJP takes swipe at Congress` decision on Rahul Gandhi`s PM candidature
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Without missing out an opportunity to hit out at Congress for its decision of not naming Rahul Gandhi as the party`s PM candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha polls, BJP leaders hint that Congress has accepted its defeat.
BJP`s senior leader Arun Jaitley said that Congress is losing the will to fight and today`s decision put the party at a psychological disadvantage. He further added that though Congress may consider it as a strategy, yet avoiding direct contest will not be of any help to it.
BJP`s spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain also took a jibe on the decision and said that Congress must be desperate as all the surveys project Narendra Modi as the PM. Moreover, he said that the Congress will fight without any leader.
Besides the above two, another BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said that Congress is aware of the fact that it won`t come to power and therefore it does not find it necessary to declare Rahul Gandhi as a candidate only to let him down.
Late on Thursday, Congress spokesperson and senior party leader Janardhan Dwivedi informed the media that Rahul Gandhi will lead the party`s campaign for the Lok Sabha Elections. He further added that Congress president Sonia Gandhi had taken a decision that PM candidate name will not be disclosed as it is not party`s tradition.
The decision was taken in the Congress Working Committee meet held in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16