BJP trying to mislead people: Tewari
Chandigarh: Lashing out at BJP for demanding sacking of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for his "Hindu terror" remarks, Union minister Manish Tewari on Friday said it was trying to "mislead" people as Congress party never linked terrorism with any religion or colour.
"BJP is trying to mislead people. Government and Congress party have made it clear that we never linked terrorism with any religion or colour," Union Information and Broadcasting minister Manish Tewari told reporters here.
On the issue of David Headley not getting "harsher" sentence by US Court, Lok Sabha MP from Ludhiana said the US government should seriously consider India`s demand of extradition of David Headly in order to punish the accused in 2008 Mumbai terror attack as per Indian laws.
"There are indications (in the verdict) of US Court that David Headly was involved in 26/11 attack. Therefore, US should take a serious look on India`s demand for his extradition," he said.
Asked about the Shiromani Akali Dal`s involvement in Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee (DSGMC) elections, Tewari accused the party of "unnecessarily" interfering in the elections.
"It is unfortunate that the entire Punjab governement is sitting in Delhi for DSGMC elections and interfering in it. Punjab politicians should not involve in it as the elections are only for just electing a body," he said.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal along with his son Sukhbir Singh Badal and party MLAs have been camping in Delhi to defeat Sarna brothers in DSGMC elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre