Bomb scare delays Jet Airways flight in Mumbai
Mumbai: An anonymous bomb threat call received by a Jet Airways staff on Sunday delayed the Bahrain-bound flight by over two hours.
Jet Airways flight 9W 592, which was to take-off at 1920
hours this evening, was rescheduled after completion of all
the necessary security checks, the company said in a statement
The flight, which was scheduled to take off at 7.20PM,
finally took-off for destination around 9.30 PM.
"Security forces have completed necessary checks and the
Boeing 737 flight with 154 passengers and crew members has
been rescheduled," it said.
The Jet Airways flight had just landed at Mumbai airport, coming from Kochin via Bahrain when a staff got the hoax call.
Just after the hoax call, the concerned security agencies including Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Mumbai Airports Authority were alerted who carried out thorough inspection of the aircraft and found it to be safe, though the efforts are still on to trace the number which was used to make the hoax call.
"All the passengers are safe. We have carried out a
thorough check of the aircraft. Efforts are also being made to
trace the call," a CISF spokesperson said.
Meanwhile, all the passengers and the crew members on board have been disembarked safely.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation
- Earthquake shakes southern Mexico, felt in capital
- Turkey mends fences with Israel and Russia in foreign policy reset