Bomb scare delays Jet Airways flight in Mumbai
Mumbai: An anonymous bomb threat call received by a Jet Airways staff on Sunday delayed the Bahrain-bound flight by over two hours.
Jet Airways flight 9W 592, which was to take-off at 1920
hours this evening, was rescheduled after completion of all
the necessary security checks, the company said in a statement
The flight, which was scheduled to take off at 7.20PM,
finally took-off for destination around 9.30 PM.
"Security forces have completed necessary checks and the
Boeing 737 flight with 154 passengers and crew members has
been rescheduled," it said.
The Jet Airways flight had just landed at Mumbai airport, coming from Kochin via Bahrain when a staff got the hoax call.
Just after the hoax call, the concerned security agencies including Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Mumbai Airports Authority were alerted who carried out thorough inspection of the aircraft and found it to be safe, though the efforts are still on to trace the number which was used to make the hoax call.
"All the passengers are safe. We have carried out a
thorough check of the aircraft. Efforts are also being made to
trace the call," a CISF spokesperson said.
Meanwhile, all the passengers and the crew members on board have been disembarked safely.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state