Bombay HC views CCTV footage of Kasab, Ismael in terror acts
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Tuesday watched
the CCTV footage of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab and his
accomplice Abu Ismael unleashing terror at Chhatrapati Shivaji
terminus during the 26/11 Mumbai attacks but their faces were
not clearly visible.
Another CD, claimed to be containing clear images of the
duo perpetrating terror acts outside CST near the Times of
India building, could not be screened due to some technical
Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam later told reporters that the
faces of both could be seen clearly in the film which would
be shown to the Court in due course.
Justice Ranjana Desai and Justice R V More saw the CCTV
footage of Kasab and Ismael in the conference hall of the
High Court but, to the disappointment of the viewers, their
faces were not clearly visible as events apparently unfolded
at a considerable distance from the cameras.
The film showed the crucial ten minutes at CST from 2207
hours on November 26, 2008, when the two terrorists had
entered locals cubicle after firing at people in the main hall
of the terminal for long distance trains.
The film showed that a constable tried to fire at the duo
but his gun got jammed. In desperation, he flung a chair
at them but missed.
Nikam said the CCTV footages provided clinching evidence
of Kasab and his partner creating terror at public places by
killing people mercilessly.
The CCTV cameras installed at the CST and outside the
Times of India building (opposite CST) had captured images of
Kasab and Ismael moving around with guns and firing at people.
At CST, Kasab and Ismael had opened fire at people
waiting in the main hall for long distance trains during 26/11
attacks, killing 52 and injuring 108.
The duo came out from the rear entrance of CST and got
down at an overbridge near the TOI building. Their images were
captured by CCTV camera installed there.
Kasab had also fired at a photojournalist who was
clicking pictures of the two terrorists from the second floor
but the man ducked just in time and escaped unhurt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA