Bribery offer: Army Chief sends complaint to CBI
New Delhi: Army Chief General VK Singh on Tuesday sent his complaint to the CBI regarding Rs 14 crore alleged bribery offer made to him by a retired officer to clear the supply of a tranche of 600 vehicles.
CBI sources said the complaint has been received by them and it is being examined.
Singh, who had made the allegation in a media interview that forced Defence Minister A K Antony to order a CBI inquiry, had alleged in a letter to the agency on March 30 that there was a bribe offer from retired Lt Gen (Retd) Tejinder Singh, the sources said.
The agency had asked him to furnish a detailed complaint along with a possible witness list and other supporting documents so that they could proceed with the inquiry, they said.
Tejinder Singh has refuted the allegations and also filed a defamation case against the Army chief and other officers.
A preliminary enquiry or an FIR could be registered soon after completion of the procedural requirements, the sources said.
The Army Chief had claimed in media interviews that an equipment lobbyist had offered him a bribe of Rs 14 crore, a matter which he had reported to the Defence Minister.
The ministry had then recommended a CBI probe into the allegation made by the Army chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy