Buddhadeb meets Governor to discuss campus violence
Kolkata: Amid escalating violence across
West Bengal which has also affected colleges, Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Tuesday met Governor M K Narayanan
apparently to discuss the issue.
Official sources said that Bhattacharjee has a closed
door meeting with the Governor at the Raj Bhavan here for
about 45 minutes.
Narayanan had stated on Saturday that he would talk to
the chief minister about campus violence.
"I made an appeal. I will talk to the chief minister
and others," Nayaranan had stated on December 18.
Campus violence in the state had left a student dead
and another seriously injured last week.
The Governor in a statement last week had also said
that growing incidents of campus violence were affecting
the image of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months