Buddhadeb meets Governor to discuss campus violence
Kolkata: Amid escalating violence across
West Bengal which has also affected colleges, Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Tuesday met Governor M K Narayanan
apparently to discuss the issue.
Official sources said that Bhattacharjee has a closed
door meeting with the Governor at the Raj Bhavan here for
about 45 minutes.
Narayanan had stated on Saturday that he would talk to
the chief minister about campus violence.
"I made an appeal. I will talk to the chief minister
and others," Nayaranan had stated on December 18.
Campus violence in the state had left a student dead
and another seriously injured last week.
The Governor in a statement last week had also said
that growing incidents of campus violence were affecting
the image of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note