Buddhadeb meets Governor to discuss campus violence
Kolkata: Amid escalating violence across
West Bengal which has also affected colleges, Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Tuesday met Governor M K Narayanan
apparently to discuss the issue.
Official sources said that Bhattacharjee has a closed
door meeting with the Governor at the Raj Bhavan here for
about 45 minutes.
Narayanan had stated on Saturday that he would talk to
the chief minister about campus violence.
"I made an appeal. I will talk to the chief minister
and others," Nayaranan had stated on December 18.
Campus violence in the state had left a student dead
and another seriously injured last week.
The Governor in a statement last week had also said
that growing incidents of campus violence were affecting
the image of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'